mBond Point to Multipoint
mBond P2MP is the first telecoms scalable solution providing fast, service enhancing broadband over existing networks using vendor agnostic xDSL bonding over VDSL2 and ADSL2+. mBond P2MP delivers an immediately deployable solution with low operational barriers to deployment and a fast return on investment.
An affordable, flexible solution
Over the last ten years carriers globally have embarked on multiple programs to increase broadband access speeds to their customers. In many cases these increased speeds have been delivered by fibre optic networks, either directly to the premise or to a local hub where local services are then delivered either by more fibre, radio or the existing copper infrastructure. However, in many cases pushing fibre out to the extremities of a carrier’s network can be extremely expensive and in some cases impossible. mBond P2MP has been created to work with the customer’s existing fibre/copper networks to deliver incremental bandwidth today, at a small fraction of the cost of extending the fibre network.
mBond P2MP is an extensible, vendor agnostic way of leveraging existing copper to bond xDSL links and use existing copper to meet the fast-broadband challenge. Multiple mBond P2MP CE devices are supported, to the limit of the Server throughput capacity, with flexible contention ratios from 1:1 to 20:1.
mBond P2MP delivers cost effective and immediate fast-broadband to business customers out of reach of fibre or where over-the air solutions are unviable. mBond P2MP supports business scale deployment for enterpises, multi-dwelling devices, mobile data backhaul and small cell architectures.
mBond P2MP uses an industry standard Intel server at the Exchange or Head End to support multiple mBond P2MP CE devices, which have have both CLI and WebUI management with SNMPv2 monitoring. The mBond P2MP interface is built on ConfD, has an available Yang model and is ready for future NetConf deployments.
- Further Information
- Low operational barriers to deployment, uses existing copper
- Industry first vendor agnostic xDSL bonding platform
- Standard Intel/Redhat based server architecture at the Exchange
- Scalable per customer with operator defined contention limits from no contention to 20:1
- Support for VDSL2 and ADSL2+
- Small 1RU CE device footprint in cabinet / at customer site
- High Density, up to twelve xDSL circuits per CE device
- Ideal solution for business broadband access, multi-dwelling units and mobile data backhaul, including small cell backhaul
mBond P2MP has two components, a standard Intel based server at the Central Office or Exchange and a 1U rack mountable Customer Equipment (CE) device, at the customer site supporting up to twelve bonded xDSL lines. Multiple CE devices can be supported up to the throughput limits of the server and the desired contention limits of the operator.
- Genuine Intel 16 Core Processor, (or 2 x 4 Core)
- Dual Port Genuine Intel 1Gb NIC card
- 16GB RAM
- 2 x 250Gb HD (Min) in RAID 1 (Mirrored) configuration
- Redhat Server Enterprise
- CLI provides secure configuration and diagnostics, accessed via the Ethernet RJ45 management port
- SNMP V2c RO supported over IPv4
- Web UI management interface accessed via standard web browser
- Traffic Status LED
- Management Port LED
- Power LED
- 12 x xDSL Status LEDs
- DC Power, 1A @ -48V
- Input Range 36V – 72V, (40W typical)
- Dual -48V feeds
- Temp, Operational – 0C to 50C
- Temp, Storage - -25C to 70C
- Weight, 3KG
- Size, 1RU
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU
- IEC 60950-1-2005+A1:2009
- IECEE CB scheme certified
- FCC 47CFR 2010, Part 15 subpart (b) (Class A)
- ETSI EN 300-386:V1.5.1
- EN 55022:2010
- EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-5, EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-11
mBond P2MP Access Service Manager
mBond P2MP CE Device
Operations and Management
Power, Temperature and Weight
mBond P2MP for Enterprise Broadband
mBond P2MP for Multi-Dwelling Units